Calrossy unveils new formal school uniform
The new uniform will provide more of a ‘One School‘ look that links together students across Junior School, 7 – 9 and Senior Secondary.
Whilst a difficult process and one in which 100% consensus was nigh on impossible, a uniform change for Calrossy will be rolled in over the next two years. In the various surveys conducted, approximately 30% of the community was in support, 30% was less favourable and 40% of the population was ambivalent, some making various suggestions to amendments and improvement. Most of the debate centred around the design of the stripe. Interestingly stronger support came from those younger in the School. I recognise that such a decision is not to be made lightly and that change is hard. I appreciated the feedback provided through the various channels, including the Calrossy P & F.
The introduction of the new uniform will be rolled out over two years and all elements of the current uniform will be able to be worn, up until the end of 2023. Additionally current Year 9 students will not be required to purchase a new uniform for one year.
A few things to note:
- The new uniform will provide more of a ‘one School‘ look that links together students across Junior School, 7 – 9 and Senior Secondary, with some transitional elements that represent growth and progress in the School.
- The striped design of aspects of the new uniform, proposed by some on our uniform committee, was supported in development by Jonathan Ward (RM Williams) who was provided with the brief of designing something smart, regional and yet contemporary. This was the most controversial element of the whole process.
- The red blazer (girls) and blue blazer (boys), both synonymous with the School in the past will be worn from Year 3 to Year 9, with only minor variation.
- With current uniform supplies very low, and amidst the challenges of COVID 19, Calrossy had the two options of immediately making this decision or committing to the current uniform for at least the next five years.
- Some elements of the uniform are yet to be finalised, including the standardizing of hats for boys and girls.
- Please see below for the Summer and Winter Uniform suites.
Working alongside students on the Brisbane Street Campus as Head of Senior Secondary and as part of our whole School team, Julia Boland might be a fresh face when it comes to working at Calrossy but she brings with her a longstanding drive and commitment to students.
Read More Aug 24 2022