Calrossy welcomes international students to share in our academic, cultural and sporting life.
Calrossy Anglican School is a boarding school located in the regional city of Tamworth in north west, New South Wales, Australia.
Calrossy welcomes students from overseas. As well as international boarders, we enrol the children of overseas visitors who hold appropriate business or temporary visas issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Calrossy Anglican School is a CRICOS registered provider (#02316G) for a limited number of Full Fee Paying Overseas Students.
A Full Fee Paying Overseas student requires a student visa to attend school in Australia. This does not include Australian or New Zealand citizens, those carrying permanent or temporary resident visas or refugees.
Evidence of English language proficiency will be required and applicants will be asked to sit the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) testing, either in their own country or Australia.
Depending on the country of origin, students can apply for visas onshore or off-shore. Most students in non-government schools will hold Visa Subclass 500 (Australian Schools Sector) and are required to pay fees which fully cover the cost of providing their education.
The main intake for International students is in Semester 1 at the start of the school year in late January, or at the start of Semester 2 in July.
Calrossy is a Christian community empowering purposeful lives through the provision of outstanding education, a focus on holistic growth and opportunities.
Calrossy's innovative model looks like this;
- Calrossy Junior School Comprising of students from Prep to Year 6 taught in coeducational classrooms on the William Cowper Campus
- Calrossy 7 – 9 Students in Years 7 – 9 learn in independent Boy and Girl classes, and in single-gender pastoral groups on the William Cowper Campus.
- Calrossy Senior Secondary - Years 10 - 12 based on the Brisbane Street Campus with students moving to full coeducation in Years 11 and 12.
Please find below some helpful links
- ESOS legislative Framework: https://www.dese.gov.au/esos-framework/esos-framework/esos-legislative-framework
- Studying in Australia: https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
- Department of Home Affairs – Immigration, Visas etc: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/
- CRICOS: https://cricos.education.gov.au/
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment - National Code etc: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/regulatory-information/Pages/National-Code-2018-Factsheets-.aspx
- Tuition Protection Service (TPS): https://tps.gov.au/Home